Saturday, January 3, 2009

Great start to the New Year

It's three days into the New Year and so far I have no complaints.

New Year's Eve was a blast. Meredith and I went to Crema for dinner and ate way too much good food. Originally we wanted to have a light dinner, but didn't think about the fact that pretty much every restaurant in New York has a preset menu on New Year's Eve. Thus, instead of sharing a few appetizers, we both that three courses of delicious food. It also came with a preset price, which was way more than I wanted to spend, but it was a good experience and I knew I didn't have to pay to get in anywhere or pay for drinks the rest of the night.

After dinner we went to David's party at his apartment in Chelsea. It was a party full of fun people, full glasses of champagne and good conversation, such as Britney's fall from grace and J-Lo's hard childhood in the Bronx. I made a few new friends, and I hope to keep in touch with one woman in particular who lives somewhat close to me. I left the party soon after midnight and was glad to be warm in my apartment before the crowds flooded into the subways. Here's a little snapshot of the countdown:



I did nothing on the 1st, which was perfectly fine with me. I slept in, laid around and that's about it.

Yesterday, Britney and I went to the Met during the day. It was incredible. Our favorite exhibit by far was the Egyptian art. In our favorite room, they actually had a full Egyptian temple you could walk through.


Last night we went to Amalia, a club in midtown, with Meredith and a few of her friends. It was a really fun place with an amazing DJ, and we literally danced all night. We finally left around 3:30 and didn't make it home till around 5. My legs are screaming at me today because of it. It was great to meet more people. I'm really thankful that Meredith has taken me under her wing and is inviting me to all these fun places and introducing me to all these fun people.

I know this year will be full of adventures, and I can't wait to experience them!

No comments: