Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New widget

If you're a frequent reader of my blog, you probably noticed the new widget on the top right side called "Chris's Cancer Fund." 

One of my best friend's boyfriend, Chris, was diagnosed with cancer recently. Thankfully, they found it in time and he had surgery to remove it. However, he still has a long and costly road ahead of him, including radiation and possible follow-up surgeries. 

I know it's a hard time for everyone right now, so it's totally understandable if you can't donate anything, but please pass the link along to someone who you think might be able to. I wouldn't ask this of you unless it was for a good reason. I met Chris last summer when Lori came to visit Tampa and he's a really positive, great guy. It's such a shame this had to happen to such a good person. His copay alone is $7,000 and his insurance doesn't completely cover things like CT scans, etc., not to mention it costs $20 to park for every doctor visit. Every little bit helps.

Here is the link to his cancer fund: http://chrisriehlmedicalfund.chipin.com/chris-riehls-cancer-fund


This doesn't have anything to do with New York or fashion, but using my blog to help is the least I can do.

No comments: