Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Work rocks, roommate rocks ... New York rocks

So I really like my job. Like a lot. I like that there's always something to do. I like the people. My editor-in-chief is the nicest woman on Earth, and people NEVER say that about editors-in-chief. I like that I'm doing everything: writing, editing, downloading pictures, calling for products, etc. Even when I'm editing pages and pages of credits and it gets a little mind-numbing, I like that I'm doing something that's important, and I like that I can listen to music while doing it.

I knew that I was going to be able to sleep in a little bit this morning since I was taking a half day because my packages were coming from Florida, so I did the responsible thing and went drinking with Chris last night after work. We went to the Revival again, which was much more subdued than last week. But the bartender was cool and we had a good time. After a few hours we wandered over to another bar, don't ask me what it was called or where it was. We only stayed for one drink there, since it was getting late and the bartender was a jerk.

Then we got on the wrong train and ended up in Brooklyn. Yep, Brooklyn. Thankfully, Chris was drunk enough to offer to pay for the cab ride home. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling the best this morning, and I have no idea how he got to work on time.

My stuff came today. Well, most of it. Three of the four boxes came. I still have yet to unpack. In fact, I'm using this blog to procrastinate. I really do want to get things unpacked and organized, but the actual unpacking part is keeping me from doing it.

I came home from work today and Chris was making some pasta with chicken and cream of mushroom sauce. I could get used to that. We had a lot of fun last night and are getting to know each other better. I'm sure we'll have many more stories to tell in the future.

My dad is coming to visit next weekend, which I'm really excited about. It took all of three days for him to find a reason to come up here, haha. He has a meeting in New Jersey on Friday and is coming to meet me afterwards, then is staying at my place Friday night. We're gonna do some sightseeing on Saturday before he goes up. I need to look around for some cool places to try when he's here.

I can't believe it's only Wednesday. It really started to hit me last night that I live here. Hopefully when I get things put away it'll really feel like it. Okay, okay I'll start unpacking.

No comments: