Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 8: Seven years later ...

It's interesting being in New York for September 11. I thought I'd be seeing a bunch of signs and memorials everywhere, or at least hear it brought up in the office. But no, nothing. The only thing that even reminded me that it was Sept. 11 was a memorial on TV this morning.

People here seem to have gone back to normal. Today is just another day. That is for the best, I think. However, I'm sure none of them have forgotten. Even though that fateful day will have a place in all of our hearts, the terrorists haven't won, and we can go about our day today in peace.

On another note, I'm beyond excited to go to Christian's show tonight. I'm kind of slumming it, though. I learned last night that you can really get away with wearing anything and no one will look at you twice, so I'm wearing skinny jeans, flip flops, a black tank top and a grey pinstripe vest. My feet cannot take another night in heels. I've never needed a pedicure more badly in my whole life. I'm sure I'll glam it up for the Baby Phat show tomorrow. Kimora demands it.

I can't believe it's already 2:00. I've actually stayed pretty busy today, which is nice. And I really can't believe that tomorrow is my last day here. It's gone by so fast. I don't know how I'll be able to go back to life in St. Pete.

No comments: