Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 5: I've got the golden ticket

Hooray invitations! Today Valentine handed me three full manilla envelopes of invitations for various events and said, "Pick whatever you want." AAAHH!

Unfortunately most of the events are already full, but I've already been confirmed for the Mara Hoffman show tomorrow at 8. Yay! Among the invites is the Christain Siriano show, the fierce Project Runway show winner from last season. Cross your fingers I get in!

I also got the Fashion Week pass that lets me get into the tents. It doesn't let me into any shows, but I get to go into the lobby and press lounge whenever I want.

Tomorrow I'm meeting Michelle Lee for lunch over by the tents, which I'm also super excited about. We're going to Osteria al Doge, an Italian restaurant. I'll wander over and peak in the tents before I go back to the Daily.

Today at work was a bit stressful. Not because I had a lot to do, but because everyone was pretty on edge. The internet was down for a couple hours this morning so they lost a lot of time and were scrambling to make up for it all day. I had a little more to do than the other days, but not much. Oh well, I got fun invitations!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaay, that's awesome that you got some invites!! I hope you have a great time at the shows you get to attend! =)

Everything sounds like it has been going pretty well so far. I can't wait to hear more about it when you get back!

-Allison

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Jessica! :) Make sure to take LOTS of pictures - I'm sure you're going to treasure this!
-Raena

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've been following your awesome trip and it's been fun to keep up with you. I am so excited you are going to get to go to some of the shows. That will be a blast. See you when you get back!
-Andrew D.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having an awesome time! Do you have a job now or is this an internship?

-Danielle R.