Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 4: Trying to keep up

5:30: Just got back from the office, not a whole lot to report about today. They didn't really have anything for me to do, so I kind of just sat around most of the time. I wrote four or five quick blog posts and helped an editor rephrase a blurb for the magazine and that's pretty much it. They said they'd have a lot for me to do tomorrow, so that's exciting.

So yesterday I met Valentine, the senior editor, and he told me they had a lot of extra invitations for events if I wanted to go to any. So today I e-mailed him and asked if I could take him up on his offer, and he said he'd give me some stuff when he was in the office next. Hopefully I'll see him tomorrow and we can get down to the really fun stuff!

Random thought: My hair color seems to be popular with bums. Two homeless people commented to me about it yesterday and one did today.

I'm thinking I might go over to Bryant Park tonight and see what's there. It's a beautiful day today, the rain must've cooled things down, so it would be nice to take a stroll somewhere. Maybe I'll finally see someone famous.

11:00: Today hasn't started very well. I think the burger I ate last night must have been bad, because it made me sick all morning. I had to do the unthinkable and call into the Daily, which really really sucks. But the good thing is that I feel better now so I'm gonna head in. Hooray!

Quick recap of last night: Chris and I went to ESPN Zone in Times Square to watch the USF vs. UCF game. It was a much closer game than I wanted, but at least we pulled it out in overtime and won. Afterward we walked around Times Square and of course I took some pictures. Luckily it had stopped raining by then. Then we waited for what seemed like forever for the train to head home. It was fun to catch up with him and watch our Bulls win.

No comments: