Monday, March 17, 2008

Carolina Herrara Fall 2008


As I was exploring Style.com in search of a designer to inspire me, I came across Carolina Herrara. Knowing who she was but not knowing much about her design, I fell in love with her fall collection. To me, runway shows need to encompass the idea of extravagance while still keeping in mind the need for the pieces to be wearable, and she did this perfectly.

The show had every texture and embellishment a girl could ask for. From feathers to tweed to fendoras to riding boots to polka dots with metallics and plaids and lace and fur and velvet ... One could get lost in the brilliance.

According to Style.com, her program notes explained, "to grab from the mudroom, over a crinkle chiffon gown for an elegant dinner on the farm." This "rustic-chic" look could easily translate to the city, with women pairing velvet riding pants and high-heeled riding boots with their big winter fur coats.

(Photos from style.com)

No comments: