Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting back up

Well it's been an interesting week, to say the least.

I started my new job at ICE and really like it. The people I work with are all fun and I'm learning a lot about food. But I can't help thinking about what I'll do when the project is over in a few weeks. I keep hearing there may be another position that might be available, but that's not for sure.

This week has mainly been full of questions. I know not all magazines will treat me the way Harris did, but I'm a little disenfranchised with the industry right now. The fact that I'm getting paid almost double to copy and paste just shows how horrible the pay scale is in journalism. I'm beginning to look at marketing, advertising and PR (I know, gasp) for possible career changes. They all pay much better with better benefits and still allow me to write and be somewhat creative. Not that money is the most important factor in a job, but it is important.

We'll see. I'm in the best city for a career change and have made some good contacts so far. Stay tuned.

In better news - Kat is coming to stay with me for a week tomorrow! My new job allows me a little more flexibility with my schedule, so I'll get to see her a little more. If there's anything I need right now, it's a good friend around. I'm sure she can take my mind off things. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're going to be able to see Kat, it will be so good for you.

Also, you have the perfect degree to do all of those other things you mentioned, and they all pay awesome (or so I've heard). You'll find something amazing and you'll look back on all this and laugh...probably from your Park Avenue penthouse (ok maybe you wont make THAT much money but we can dream!)

Have fun with Kat!

Katrina