Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Overdue update

I was talking to a friend tonight about how much I missed posting, and then I realized that it's almost half way through October and I haven't posted at all.

So here are a couple fun fashion updates in my life:
1. I got the most awesome Dolce and Gabbana reading glasses. They're black framed, simple, chic and oh-so-cute. I've had the same frames since I was 14 (yeah, I know) so I was well overdue for an update. I figure I'll have these for about the same amount of time, so I could invest in a good pair.



2. While waiting for the glasses, I had an hour to wander around the mall, which is always dangerous. I've come to love Old Navy, which is a new development. All of their tops seem to fit me flawlessly all the sudden. So, I picked up two sleeveless turtlenecks, one cream and one grey, a cream sweater and a black pair of strappy sandals.

3. Fall 2009 Fashion Week is five months away, and it can't come soon enough. I was talking to a friend today about winter wear, and boy do I need to stock up. I have a scarf, but that's pretty much it. I need: coats, gloves, hats, boots, socks (I think I might have one complete pair), long underwear ... the list goes on. But then I started thinking, where the hell will I find these things in Florida? We might get down to 30 degrees twice a year, so most stores don't even bother selling winter clothes, well, not real winter clothes anyway. Any help?

4. November will be a crazy busy month. I'm going to start selling everything I own and start applying for jobs in New York. Michelle said that I should start doing this in November and try to schedule interviews when I'm in town for Fashion Week in February. Hopefully I'll be able to find another internship during it, but it wouldn't be horrible if I didn't and had time to really look around at places. I didn't get a chance to do that before.

5. So here's the timeline: Moving back to Orlando before Christmas (two months), Fashion week first week of February (4.5 months), move to New York ASAP after that, probably early March. Wow, that's soon.

Can I leave tonight? Pleeeeease?

No comments: