Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Fashion Week!

Hello, fashion lovers. I'm so sorry for my long absence! A LOT has happened in the past six months or so, but I'm back just in time for Fashion Week!

So today is the first day of the Fall 2010 Fashion Week. I went to the tents today to pick up my credentials - That's right! I'm legit! For the first time in four seasons, I don't have to sneak past the guards. The whole reason I'm going to Fashion Week this season is to network and promote eFlirt Expert VIP. I was just expecting to pick up my pass, walk around for a bit and leave, but of course Terry had other plans for me.

First of all, the swag is GREAT this season! It's the last time Fashion Week will be at Bryant Park, so they're pulling out all the stops. Free manicures, makeup, chocolate fountains, boos and all the magazines you can fit in your purse await. The fact that there's food at all is a new thing, but the fact that it's - gasp! - chocolate and fattening is a total turning point. Maybe in a few years we'll see real girls on the runway? We'll see.

So I was in the middle of my free manicure when Terry tells me to get a standing ticket to the Duckie Brown show because there was an empty seat next to him. At first I didn't really feel like it. I didn't have a ticket to the show so I didn't think they would let me in, and I wasn't really dressed for a show since I didn't think there was a chance I would be in one.

Right when my manicure was done, they started letting the standing people in the show. So, I figured what the heck, I might as well try. So I went up to the check in table and told them I checked in a few days ago. Of course my name wasn't on the list, but they gave me a standing ticket anyway! *Note: It's SO EASY to sneak into shows, folks. Just act like you belong in there and you'll get in. * I get in and Terry had given away his seat because he didn't think I was coming. So I try to cram into the standing section, right when one of the ushers announce that there was another empty seat! So I run and grab it and - ta da! - I had a seat in the Duckie Brown show.



All of this happened in about an hour, and it was a great start to the week! Tomorrow starts the real networking, and I can't wait!

No comments: