Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My New York birthday

My 23rd birthday was May 4 and I celebrated in style with my boyfriend. I'm lucky enough to be dating the best guy on the planet, and he treated me like a princess for my birthday with a New York staycation.

We started out by going to see Jersey Boys (I wore the tan strapless dress I got in the sample sale mentioned in the post before this). It has to be one of the best plays I've ever seen, ranking up there with Wicked and Phantom. Go see it if you can. Then we went across the street to Victor's, which has amazing Cuban food and awesome sangria.

The biggest part of my birthday was staying at the Palace for two nights. We had an amazing room that had a perfect view of St. Patrick's Cathedral right across the street. I lazed around on the day of my birthday and ordered room service for lunch, then we went to Daniel for dinner and had a great time. My "gift" (in quotes because the whole experience was a gift) was a heart earring and necklace set from Tiffany.

Every part of my birthday was quintessentially New York, and every part of it was fabulous. Thanks so much, babe. <3

No comments: